- No firewire - who ever used it? I did for firewire target mode. It's an awesome feature, look it up.
- Only 2 USB ports. Seriously? Give me at least 4 of them. The 2 are so close together that once you stick a USB aircard in you can't use a jump drive. Stupid Apple. At least put them on the opposite sides, or around the corner or something.
- No eSATA - Come on Apple, you take away firewire and replace it with nothing. Why not add a single eSATA port. I would be thrilled with 3gb/sec transfer speeds for time machine. Not the 400mb/sec of usb 2.0
Oh well, I probably won't buy an Apple laptop ever anyways. They are too expensive and really dont give you much for the money.
I would buy one in a heartbeat if Apple could figure this one thing out. How to sync iPhoto libraries between the macbook and my iMac.
You see, we like to go on vacation and we typically go to Disney World. While there we average 200 or so pictures a day. We are always trying to get that perfect picture so snap away. I just dump them on my work laptop and then when we get home I transfer them all the iMac with the hopes that we will purge the bad ones at some point. Well we never do.
If would be awesome if Apple could figure out how to sync the iPhoto and maybe iTunes libraries so we could do the following.
- Add pictures to selected librares
- Edit pictures, crop, rotate, red eye - all the basic stuff
- Delete bad pictures
- Add captions
- Start calendars, books, etc.
- Come home, sync the libraries with the iMac
- Finish all of the above on the iMac
- Maybe sync them back to the macbook, would that even be needed?